- Versatility for all group sizes
- Harmonious styling
Villa Boscarella is located south of Siena near the town of Trequanda in the heart of the Crete Senesi, 'the Clay Region'. This marvelous 17th century villa belongs to a large estate of 212 hectares owned by a prominent Sienese family. The villa was totally restored in 2000 incorporating modern creature comforts and furnished with rustic antiques to preserve the warm atmosphere and authenticity typical of old Tuscan charm.
The villa has 7 double/twin bedrooms and a suite, each with telephone, minibar and en-suite bathrooms. Close to the villa there is a totally renovated barn, which can also be rented to house an additional 4 guests. It consists of a living room with a fireplace and kitchen, two bedrooms (with double beds) and two bathrooms with baths and shower. On the property there is also a rural hall with fireplace and wine cellar where you can sample local products (extra virgin olive oil, wine, truffles etc).
Externally the villa enjoys sweeping views of vineyards and the picturesque Crete Senesi hills in all directions. Surrounded by a gravel path, lovely gardens of Rosemary bushes, hedges and shrubs the villa is imposing and the cypress lined driveway is testament to its importance in this area. A large staircase leads down from a furnished veranda to the swimming pool (20m x 9m) area, furnished with umbrellas and sun lounges. Facing north and well undercover is a further large veranda for late afternoon drinks or alfresco dining.
The property is perfectly suited to hosting large groups or for events including weddings, family parties or company strategic retreats. A large dining room with centre fireplace can seat up to 50 guests and there are several smaller dining and sitting rooms providing maximum versatility. Adjacent to the estate is another villa divided into 12 apartments providing additional accommodation for up to 43 guests.
Villa Boscarella is located in the Crete Senesi hills. A gently sloping cypress lined gravel driveway leads 200m from the road up to the villa which provides ample parking in a gravel parking area.
- Treguanda - 5 kilometeres (general stores, cafes, post)
- Sinelunga - 13km
- Motorway entrance - 21km (Val di Chiana)
- Siena - 35 kilometers
- Arezzo - 50 kilometers
- Florence - 120 kilometers
- Rome - 180 kilometers
- Pisa - 190 kilometers
- Milan - 390 kilometers
Airports: Florence - 132km (1'45'), Rome - 225km (2'35')
/ italy / tuscany / south / crete senesi / villa boscarella
The Crete Senesi refers to an area of the Italian region of Tuscany to the south of Siena. Crete senesi are literally ‘Siennese clays’ and the distinctive grey colouration of the soil gives the landscape an appearance often described as lunar.
Seasons and prices
|Prices per week
* The base price is Euros and other currencies are quoted at daily exchange rates as a guide.
Apartment prices are for the high season. Please click on the links to see the full pricing tables.
Special Notes for Villa Boscarella, Trequanda, Tuscany, Italy
2014 prices are provisional and may be revised, however most owners will accept bookings at 2013 prices until the new prices are confirmed. Please send an enquiry and we'll respond with a firm quote.
Prices quoted are for the Villa for 16 with its 8 bedrooms and en-suite (without the barn). To rent the additional barn with 2 bedrooms (en-suite), living room and kitchen, the following supplement must be added (according to the season (€1,600 / €2,120 / €2,350).
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions in respect to additional charges and extras applicable to rental villas and apartment accommodation.
Refundable security deposit
A refundable security deposit of €500 is payable on arrival at the property. The deposit will be refunded on final inspection excepting in the event of damage or for the deduction of extras.
- Rentals are from Sunday to Sunday
- Normal arrival times are between 15:30 (3:30pm) and 19:00 (7pm). Departure is by 9:30 on the day of departure.
- The swimming pool is open from mid May to September;
Services included and extras:
- Cleaning - Villa rental includes mid week maid service and change of towels and final cleaning
- One set of bed and bath linen per week is included. Additional changes may be requested at the cost of €12 per person. Beach/pool towels are not provided;
- Additional maid service can be requested at a cost of € 15 per hour payable locally
- The services of a local cook can be requested to prepare typical dishes at an additional cost of € 15 per hour (plus cost of ingredients) payable locally
- Telephone calls will be based on consumption at 35 cents per unit;
- Electricity consumption (except for heating and A/C) is included in villa rental as are other utility costs.
- Heating, if required, is payable on the basis of consumption of gas (€6.00 per M3)
- Air Conditioning is available at an additional daily cost of €130 for the villa and €20 for the barn
- High chairs and cots are available at an additional cost of €50 per week
- Late arrival fees - we will endeavour to accommodate, but cannot guarantee to satisfy requests for late arrival. The cost of pre-arranged late arrival (if available) will be advised at the time of booking. Unforeseen delays resulting in out of hours arrivals (if available) will incur a charge of € 50.00 payable to the local manager;
- Baby sitting services can usually be organised locally by the area manager;
Our holiday villas and apartment accommodation to rent in Italy are serviced by trained English speaking area managers who are there to ensure that your vacation is pleasurable from the very moment of your arrival.
Siena is one of the most beautiful towns of Tuscany and perhaps Italy. Surrounded by olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti the town is set on three hills and is mostly pedenstrian only. At the centre of the town is the large Piazza del Campo, noted for the Palio horse race held each July and August and full of activity year round. An important university town, Siena has wonderful outdoor cafes, piazzas, churches and museums.